- To provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment that will help each child develop spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
- To help each child experience the goodness of God’s created wonders first-hand and to help them grow to know Jesus as their friend.
- To help each child develop his or her self-concept. Experience an environment of acceptance of each child as an individual where curiosity and creativity are encouraged.
- To provide loving yet firm guidance and discipline. To learn self control and be able to follow rules and directions. They’ll know there will be times when they have freedom of choice, and there will also be times when they must follow directions and rules of others.
- To help each child grow in their independence, to help them to learn to solve problems, make decisions, and accept the consequences of those decisions.
- To guide each child’s social growth. To help them learn to cooperate, respect, trust and value others; to learn to trust and respect adults outside of their immediate family; and to interact with other children through cooperative play.
- Introduce through play and hands-on games, pre reading and pre math concepts. To strengthen pre writing/fine motor skills through the use of many types of manipulatives.
- To help equip each child with various other skills that will help prepare them for kindergarten. Some of these skills include learning to sit and listen, how to relate to a teacher, how to cope with new or unfamiliar situations, and how to follow rules/directions – to gain a sense of learning readiness.
- Provide opportunities for character building. The fruit of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
“Thank you for all of your hard work,
dedication, inspiration, and love.
Your leadership has made a tremendous
impact on our son spiritually,
emotionally, and academically.”
– A Shining Star Dad